FINE GARDENING ASSISTANT
Gardens Remembered is seeking a Fine Gardening Assistant. This is an exciting position for someone with a horticultural education and an interest in fine garden care.
Work alongside our experienced team as we care for and enhance many fine residential gardens in the DC Metro Area.
· Maintain established perennial beds
· Pruning – ladder & groundwork
· Planting perennials, shrubs & small trees
· Design and installation of annual beds and containers
· Bed and property cleanups – weeding, edging and mulching
· Hand Watering
· Leaf Removal
· Ice and snow removal
· Basic care of water features
· Repair of stone walkways and other minor outdoor repairs
· Write up of daily job tickets
· Degree or Certificate in a professional horticulture program – or currently enrolled in same
· Must have a thorough knowledge of perennials and woody shrubs
· Strong container design skills
· Able to work alongside team members & follow instructions
· Able to be on feet for an extended period and carry 50 pound materials/tarps through narrow walkways
· Agile and soft footed in garden beds
· Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
Gardens Remembered offers the qualified candidate an opportunity to learn and grow within the field of fine garden care. Our exclusive gardens are well designed and owned by those with a discerning eye that want the best for their gardens, without being involved.
We offer a competitive pay, dental insurance, and a flexible schedule to accommodate continuing education schedules. You will have the opportunity to work in beautifully designed gardens, gain hands-on experience in detailed garden care, and the opportunity to possibly grow within our small and specialized company. This is a position that allows you to impart what you’ve learned to an attentive audience that appreciates what you have to offer!
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org