Don’t stress about finding the perfect opportunity for your summer 2023 internship… I’ve got the perfect one for your right here! The Congressional Country Club, located in Potomac, MD, is looking for Green and Grounds Landscape interns for their 2023 summer season! They’re known to host some of the biggest events in golf through their continued partnership with the PGA of America! As an intern with the Congressional Country Club, you’ll have the opportunity to tend to the clubhouse grounds that boast famous members and attendees like President Obama.
If you’re interested in this position please email your resume to either:
Dave Burdette, Clubhouse Grounds Superintendent Daveb@ccclub.org
Cody Jennings, Assistant Clubhouse Grounds Superintendent Cjennings@ccclub.org
The employment is flexible, but spaces are limited, so make sure to apply as soon as possible!
CCC Horticulture Internship 2023
Congressional Country Club is seeking seasonal Green and Grounds Landscape Interns for 2023. The 2023 season will be yet another exciting year at Congressional. We recently hosted the 2022 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship on the newly renovated Blue Course. This year’s interns will help us progress and prepare the club to host major championships in the future while also providing the best experience for our members and guests. This opportunity will allow for firsthand practical experience at one of the most storied clubs in the country.
Located in Bethesda, MD, Congressional Country Club is the #1 Platinum Club in the country. Congressional has a long-storied history of hosting Championships. In the last 15 years alone, Congressional has hosted the U.S. Open Championship in 2011 followed by two Quicken Loans National Tournaments (2014 & 2016). Congressional most recently hosted the 2022 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship. Congressional is proud to continue this history in agreement with the PGA of America in hosting seven more Championships in the next fifteen years as follows:
2024 Junior PGA Championship
2025 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
2027 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship
2029 PGA Professional Championship
2030 PGA Championship
2033 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
2037 Ryder Cup
Interns will be involved in the daily maintenance of the clubhouse grounds and will work closely with the Clubhouse Grounds Manager and Assistant. Daily jobs will include but not limited to planting, irrigation repair, disease identification, water management of different plant varieties, mowing, edging, pruning, etc.
Ideal Candidates will possess the following attributes:
• Enrolled or interested in enrolling in an accredited 2 or 4-year college horticulture program
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to use logical or scientific thinking to solve problems
• Ability to work independently to carry out written and verbal instructions
• Ability to visually inspect clubhouse grounds conditions
• Good organizational and prioritization skills
• Employment Availability: March to October of 2023 / Summer- May to August of 2023 / Flexible
• Hours typically range between 6:00am – 2:30pm, Monday – Friday with alternate weekend availability
• Complimentary meals
• Tournament/Championship Volunteer Opportunities
• Employee Golf/Employee Discounts: Golf, Tennis, Fitness Apparel/Items
• $17.00 per hour with available overtime
Please email your resume to:
Dave Burdette, Clubhouse Grounds Superintendent: Daveb@ccclub.org
Cody Jennings, Assistant Clubhouse Grounds Superintendent: Cjennings@ccclub.org