National Online Learning Day is Friday, September 15 and we want to celebrate you all week! We wanted to take the opportunity to share with you 10 things you might not know about the Extended Learning Institute (NOVA Online) at Northern Virginia Community College.
This picture was dated 1974 and shows staff getting media ready for some of the first distance/correspondence learning courses offered through the Extended Learning Institute! 1. 23,000 NOVA students taken online courses through the NOVA Online each year.
2. NOVA Online offers more than 500 online courses, so whatever field you’re in and whatever degree requirement you’re working to fill, you can probably find some options at NOVA Online!
3. NOVA Online courses and NOVA Online faculty win national awards every year.
4. You are not alone when you take a NOVA Online course – you will interact with your instructor and classmates through discussions, group assignments, and more.
5. NOVA Online staff provide lots of services to support you in your online courses, too, including 24/7 free online tutoring, online librarians, 24/7 technical support, student success coaches, and much more.
6. NOVA Online offers several start dates each semester, for most of our courses, so just about any time you want to get started with us, we have a new session starting soon!
7. You can earn more than 40 complete associate’s degrees and certificates entirely through NOVA Online. Check out the complete list on NOVA Online’s website.
8. Not sure whether an online course is right for you? You can take the SmarterMeasure assessment to find out!
9. NOVA Online offers courses in 16-week, 12-week, 10-week and 8-week lengths so you can choose the schedule and course length that best fits your needs.
10. Most NOVA Online students take classes on campus as well as NOVA Online classes; combining the two can be the perfect way to complete your degree.
If you have any questions, contact the NOVA Online Student Services Team at 703.323.3347 or email@example.com or connect with us on social media. We are more than happy to answer your questions, as well as refer you to useful resources and services that will support your online learning experience.