This Is My Brave is seeking a summer Intern! We’re a mental health storytelling organization (http://www.thisismybrave.org) and are experiencing significant growth.
This Is My Brave, Inc. provides a platform and a community for people affected by mental illness to share their stories through theater programs and community events. Their mission as a new non-profit organization is to ignite and actively promote a positive, national conversation on mental illness to end the stigma surrounding mental health disorders. They believe that every time a story is shared, there’s another crack helping to break down the stigma of mental illness. This is an unpaid internship, but offers excellent experience in a non-profit entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to contribute your ideas and have your voice heard as a valuable contributor to the team.
Their physical location is Dulles, Virginia, but they mainly work out of home offices so this will be a work-from-home opportunity, with meetings in person (or via Skype) every other week to go over work and set new assignments.
- MUST be Local to the DC metro area
- Experience with Google Drive and Google documents
- Strong knowledge of social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, YouTube)
- Ability to travel to Ashburn, VA bi-weekly (or do Skype meetings)
- 5-10 hours a week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well independently with high attention to detail
- Creative thinker, not afraid to offer up ideas for new and unique ways to reach our target audience
- Administrative projects: Research, Data entry, and assisting Executive Director on special projects such as Facebook/IG Live campaigns as needed
This is an exciting chance to get involved – and have a voice – with an organization which is on the leading edge of social change when it comes to the way society views mental illness.
To apply, please email: jennifer(at)thisismybrave.org and submit your resume and a video clip (can be shot on your smartphone or using a computer’s webcam) telling why you’re interested in joining the team.