More information can be found at: https://vawv-region.ptk.org/Alumni/VirginiaWestVirginiaBaccalaureateCompletionScholarship.aspx
The Baccalaureate Completion Scholarship was established in 2014 to provide financial support to Virginia/West Virginia Phi Theta Kappa members and alumni (anyone who is completing or has completed an associate’s degree) to enable those members to continue studies at a four-year university. This program encourages scholarship by encouraging students to finish their associates degree. It also supports the development of leadership by encouraging recipients to participate in Society programs.
Conditions of eligibility:
- The applicant must be a Virginia/West Virginia Region Phi Theta Kappa member in good standing.
- Students must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA out of a possible 4.0 at the time of application on all associate degree coursework.
- Part-time students, full-time students and international students are eligible to apply.
- Members who will have completed associate degree course work by the end of the academic year are eligible to apply.
- Students must enroll at a four-year university for the upcoming academic year for a minimum of six semester credit hours.
- The student’s record must be free from suspension, probation or any disciplinary action.
- The recipient must participate in at least four Phi Theta Kappa activities during the current academic year.
Completed applications along with photo image must be received at the address provided on the application no later than February 29, 2020. Incomplete or late applications will be deemed ineligible.
Award recipients will be announced and scholarship funds distributed at the Virginia/West Virginia Regional Annual Convention in March.