Easy Access to a New Social Security Card

We have exciting news about a new online service that is available in your state! If you need a replacement Social Security card, you may be able to request it using your personal my Social Security account.

Avoid a trip to the office and waiting in line. Encourage your friends and family to find out whether they can take advantage of this service by visiting www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnumber. We continue to make this service available to other states. Check back often for states added.

Remember to use your account to check your Social Security Statement each year to verify your annual earnings and get an estimate of your future benefits. If you currently receive benefits, you can use your account to get a benefit verification letter, check your benefit and payment information, change your address and telephone number, start or change your direct deposit, or get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for your taxes.

We hope you take advantage of the many services available through your convenient, secure, and free my Social Security account at: www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.