When taking your exams, the NOVA Online Student Services Team encourages you to follow the tips outlined below:
Be Prepared – Begin reviewing and studying well in advance. If you need assistance locating helpful study resources, contact your Student Success Coach at email@example.com or call 703.764.5076.
Campus Testing Center Guidelines
- Do not wait until the last minute to take your exam(s). If you are able, we advise that you take your exam early. Not only will you avoid long lines, you many also avoid a last minute unforeseen emergency that could prohibit you from getting to a testing center.
- Verify the Testing Center Hours before you go, and make sure you look at the start times “NOVA Online/Faculty Referred/VCCS Proctored Exams/SDV Able” as well as the office hours for the testing center. All exams are collected 15 minutes prior to the closing of the testing center.
- Do not forget to bring your completed Exam Pass for each exam and a photo ID. You may print your exam pass from the “Taking Exams and Using Exam Passes” section of the Syllabus button in your Blackboard course site.
- Be prepared to stow your personal items, not permitted during your exam, including your cell phone (that must be turned off), in the manner required by the testing center (generally in a locker). Simply placing your phone on “silent” is not enough. You are not permitted access to anything other than your exam while testing, unless expressly stated in the exam instructions.
- If your exam is not working properly in Blackboard (ex. unable to type in a textbox, audio files not working, images missing) or if you feel your exam did not submit properly, please notify testing center staff immediately so they may help you troubleshoot the problem.
- If you are taking multiple exams, you will be required to go through the line for each exam that you are taking.
Be aware of the parking policies at each NOVA Campus. If you do not have a parking pass, you will need to pay by the hour when you are on campus. You can view the parking policies.
The better prepared you are, the more relaxed you will be and the better your testing outcome.
If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact the NOVA Online Success Coaches at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.764.5076.
Good luck on your exams!