Learn From Past Students

At the end of last semester, I asked the students in my Physics 231 what would have they done differently at the beginning of the class if they could. I wanted them to share their thoughts so that future students can benefit. Here is what I got.

Question. If you could have a do-over, what would you have done differently at the beginning of our class?

Physics 231 Student Answers:

• Did the lab more carefully
  • I would have accessed the class notes and started watching the videos a whole lot sooner.
  • Paid more attention to the syllabus because I wasn’t aware quizzes were on a P/F grading scale based on getting 60% or higher.
  • Complete Assignment early as possible.
  • Other than applying my self to the class a little more, I don’t think I’d do anything differently.
  • Turn in my assignments on time.
  • If I could start over, I would have done my assignments on time and ask a lot of questions.
  • I would pay more attention to the details and making sure to get everything on the first couple of labs.
  • If I could have a do over, I would be less scared about the weekly quizzes and focus more on the exams and more of whether I understand the topic.
  • the problem is my lab i will (reserve) more time for that
  • Keep up with all the assignments

And here is what PHY 232 students had to say to the same question:

• Ask questions when I’m lost
  • Take notes regularly. Practice Socrative questions again before test.
  • Actually bought a multimeter and not tried to use my own.
  • Try to make more friends and use the break out rooms wiser. I think that there was progress here and there but in the end I did not make full use of it.
  • Made appointments with the professor and asked more questions.