Grading Scale: A: 90% or above; B: 80 – 89%; C: 70-79%; D: 60- 69%
Course Grade The course grade is comprised of Laboratory (20%), Online Quizzes (20%), and Exams (60%).
Lab Grade 20%
- All labs and assignments are 5 pts each.
- Late/missed policy:
- Late for lab penalty: 2 pts.
- Late assignments/reports penalty: 1 pts. No late assignments are accepted if they are overdue by more than one week!
- One lab experiment can be made up during the last week of classes.
- Students must adhere to the lab policies or else they will be required to leave the physics lab room.
- It is the responsibility of the students to check with the schedule of classes and to know which labs require protective goggles.
Online Quizzes 20%
- There will be weekly online quizzes posted in GoogleClassroom. Grading is on Pass/Fail basis. Students need 60% or more on their overall quiz grade to receive a Pass grade towards their overall course grade.
- No late quizzes will be accepted.
- It is the student’s responsibility to know when each quiz is due.
- There will be five exams (final included) each worth 40 points.
- I will provide one make up exam during the last week of classes. There will be no more than one make-up exam regardless of the students’ situation.
- I will provide phy232 formulae sheet. Students may print it out at home in advance and bring it to class. Students may add their own annotations on the front of the sheet but not on the back. No other formula sheets will be allowed.
- During an exam, students may bring only a pen/pencil and an approved calculator.
- Absolutely no electronic devices except approved calculators with a blank memory are allowed during an exam. Check with the instructor for a list of approved calculators.
- Bathroom breaks during the exam time carry a grade penalty of 1% per minute missing from the exam. For example, if a student missed 10 min to take a bathroom break, their exam value becomes 90% of what it is originally.