Technology is an essential component to this modern world, which is why here at the Annandale Campus Library we strive to equip our students with the resources they need to succeed. You all may know about our public computers, printers, and charging stations, but did you know we have a team dedicated to helping students with all their technology needs?
- Monique Clark, Technology Librarian – Our team lead, who provides technology planning, coordination, and support
- Michelle Echols, Technology & Reference Specialist – Provides computer and printer maintenance and troubleshooting, technology recommendations and purchasing
- Soo Bae, Reference/Technology Librarian (Not pictured) – Oversees technology training and support, social media and online research guides
- J.P. Garces – Circulation department liaison to technology team, providing backup and support
- Simran, Digital Media Studio Consultant – Assists with equipment checkout and Digital Media Studio maintenance
- Saron, AcePrint Consultant (Not pictured) – Assists students with printing in the library
- Abigail, Peer Technology Consultant – Provides technology tutoring for Digital Media Studio software and equipment
The Library Technology Team exists to help students by providing assistance and access to all the resources the library has to offer. That’s why this semester the library is introducing a new member of the team, a Peer Technology Tutor, who is available to provide one-on-one assistance with Digital Media Studio software and Library equipment. The Digital Media Studio is a space within the Library that students can use for their photo, video editing, audio, or graphic design projects, equipped with the software students need. All you need to do to get started is book a seat in the studio. Stay tuned for future posts highlighting featured equipment and software. What will you create?