Are you still looking for a summer position? Are you interested in the wide world of estate gardening? Well then do I have an opportunity for you! Kinloch Farms located in the Plains, VA, is looking for a seasonal gardener! They are also starting to look for a full-time assistant gardener, so if you love the position, you might have the opportunity to stay year-round!
Kinloch Farms includes a myriad of stylized gardens including, but not limited to, Italianate-styled gardens, walled medieval-style gardens, french inspired allees, kitchen gardens, and fresh-cut flower gardens!
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to August B. Currier at August@canopyinc.net or call (571)594-8040 for more information
Job Title: Seasonal Gardener (Estate)
Job Summary: As a Seasonal Gardener in a private estate in The Plains, Virginia, you’ll maintain our ornamental gardens, kitchen gardens, and greenhouses. Under the supervision of the Head Gardener, you will handle a variety of horticultural tasks, identify and resolve plant issues, and cultivate fresh produce for the kitchen. In addition to standard gardening duties, you will curate potted plants, create floral arrangements, and assist in event preparations and seasonal decorations. While a year of gardening or horticulture experience is preferred, it’s not necessary.
- Maintain and enhance the gardens by performing regular horticultural tasks such as planting, pruning, weeding, composting, and mulching.
- Proactively identify and promptly address plant-related issues including diseases, injuries, and pest infestations, ensuring the overall health and growth of plants.
- Plant and harvest a variety of fresh and organic produce for the household kitchen.
- Curate potted plants and create floral arrangements for estate decoration.
- Water ornamental gardens, kitchen gardens, and greenhouse/cold frame beds.
- Operate, inspect, and maintain a range of horticultural tools and machinery.
- Assist in organizing event set-ups and decorations, adapting to seasonal changes.
- At least one year of gardening/horticulture experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Physical fitness is necessary, with the ability to sit, stand, kneel for more than 4 hours at a time, bend, reach, climb ladders and stairs, and lift weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable working in various weather conditions.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record with a criminal background check.
Compensation: $15.00-18.00/hour depending on experience