Do you have trouble remembering people’s names after you meet them? Are you wondering how in the world you are going to remember all of the terms for your upcoming test?
By using some simple techniques you can help improve your memory. Here are some tricks:
- Learn to understand the information you must remember. Understanding the information will allow you to recall the information easily.
- Form associations: between the information you must remember and an object, body part, place, or emotion.
- Recite or rewrite the information you must remember several times.
- If you must remember a large body of information, try to break the information into smaller pieces. Then work on remembering the information in each category separately.
- Mentally organize the information you must remember. It is easier to remember information that is organized than to remember information that seems to be scattered all over the place.
- Try to bring a personal touch to the information you must remember. Relating the information to something about you will make it easier to remember.
- Form a mental image of what you need to remember. Pictures are powerful tools for remembering.
- Apply what you need to remember. For example, if you are trying to remember the meanings of new vocabulary words, use the words when you speak or write.
- Test yourself. By creating sample tests for yourself or creating flash card.
- Try to make remembering a fun activity by creating games using the information you must remember.
This post was modified from How-to-study.com by the NOVA Online Success Coaches. If you have questions or would benefit from additional strategies, reach out to a NOVA Online Success Coach today by calling 703.323.3347 or email@example.com. From test taking strategies to time management, we are here to answer your questions and help you access resources that will empower you to navigate the semester and pave your way to a successful academic journey.