check out this opportunity (more public history than historic preservation). There are some specific conditions to be met:
Apply for the Alexandria-Caen Sister City Committee (ACSCC)
Summer Internship In Caen, France this July
Each summer Sister Cities Alexandria and Caen exchange student interns who work at each of the respective City Halls. The interns have the opportunity to represent their city while working and living in the other city and strengthening the friendship between the two cities. Caen is a city in Normandy, approximately two hours from Paris. For more information about Caen, visit http://www.tourisme.caen.fr. The Alexandria-Caen Sister City Committee is also looking for a host family for the student intern from Caen this July for four weeks. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One month of full-time employment at the Caen City Hall as an English-speaking tour guide. This involves memorizing historical information about City Hall and providing several tours per day to English-speaking tourists.
- Stipend of 1100 euros provided by the Caen City Government;
- Free housing provided in a university dorm or with a family arranged by the Caen-Alexandria Sister City Committee; intern must pay for meals, plane ticket, and local travel expenses.
- Opportunities to meet and socialize with members of the Caen-Alexandria Sister City Committee.
- The ability to speak, read, and understand French with ease;
- To be a resident of the City of Alexandria;
- To be 18-21 years old
- To have completed at least one year of college. Must be comfortable living independently in a dorm.
- Good social and communication skills;
- Excellent references;
- The ability to cover travel expenses to and from Caen as well as in-country expenses.
- Willingness to socialize with members of the Caen-Alexandria Sister City Committee.
DEADLINE: Applications and a current resume should be submitted online by March 30, 2018. Please feel free to email any questions to the general Alexandria-Caen Sister Cities Committee email address at email@example.com.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: fill it out
NOTE: This internship is contingent on the availability of funding from the City of Alexandria.