Faculty who teach (or want to teach) blended and online courses are invited to participate in any of ELI’s November TOTAL workshops:
- Developing Collaborative Activities (November 11 – November 24)
- Designing Rubrics and Providing Feedback (November 11 – December 15; no activities Thanksgiving week)
- Writing Directions (November 11 – November 24)
The workshops are facilitated online in Blackboard and involve reading/viewing assignments, application assignments, and interaction with colleagues. See the TOTAL project website (https://sites.google.com/a/email.vccs.edu/vccs-total-project/home-1/workshops) for specific workshop descriptions. Each workshop requires 5 – 8 hours of work per week. Consider the workload carefully before registering for multiple workshops at the same time. Most TOTAL workshops are repeated each semester.
Registration for the November workshops is open now and closes at noon on November 8. To register for a workshop:
- Log into NOVA Academy (https://covkc.virginia.gov/nvcc). See HR’s professional development page (NOVA web site > Faculty & Staff >Human Resources > Professional Development) for NOVA Academy login directions and a user guide.
- Select Course Catalog in the Learning Center menu at the top of the page.
- Search on VCCS total to see the TOTAL workshops listed. (Ignore the “classroom” description; NOVA Academy does not recognize Blackboard as a delivery method.)
- Click on a workshop to see the section(s) available.
- Click on a section to enroll or manage your enrollment. All those enrolled will receive an email announcement with workshop directions on or before the first day of the workshop.
Questions? Contact Bob Loser (email@example.com).