How to Access Courses:
- Sign up for Financial Avenue at https://inceptia.instructure.com/enroll/YFDYDY?
- Enter your NOVA student email address and select “I am a new user.” Enter your full name, agree to the use policy, and click “Enroll in course.”
- Canvas will send a confirmation link to the email address you provided. You must click the link in this email to complete the registration and to choose your password.
- Choose your password, select Eastern (ET) time zone, and click “register.”
- You are now ready to explore Financial Avenue. Once you create your account, you just need your email and password to login again.
- Under “Courses” on the left side of the webpage, select Northern Virginia CC Financial Avenue – FinLit.
- On the Northern Virginia CC Financial Avenue – FinLit page select the course you would like to complete. Follow the prompts until you complete the course.
Official CashContest Rules:
In order to be entered in the drawings you should do the following:
- Complete the course with an average score of at least 70% by the deadline shown below to be entered into the CashContest drawing for that course.
– The “Loan Guidance” course must be completed before 11:59pm on November 30, 2023.
– The “Spending and Borrowing” course must be completed before 11:59pm on December 29, 2023.
– The “Debt and Repayment” course must be completed before 11:59pm on April 15, 2024.
– The “Credit and Protecting Your Money” course must be completed before 11:59pm on May 15, 2024.
– Complete ALL FOUR courses listed above before 11:59pm on May 15, 2024 to be entered in the FINAL COMPREHENSIVE DRAWING.
- You must be pursuing a degree or certificate at NOVA.
- You must be enrolled or have successfully completed at least six credits required for your program of study (with letter grades A, B, C, or D) during the semester the drawings take place and/or the semester an award is applied.
- For the “Loan Guidance” and/or the “Spending and Borrowing” drawing, you must be attending or have successfully completed at least six credits required for your program (with letter grades A, B, C, or D) during FALL 2023.The $500 awards for these drawings will only be applied toward FALL 2023.
- For the “Debt and Repayment” and/or “Credit and Protecting Your Money” drawing you must be attending or have successfully completed at least six credits required for your program (with letter grades A, B, C, or D) during SPRING 2024. The $500 awards for these drawings will only be applied toward SPRING 2024.
For the FINAL COMPREHENSIVE DRAWING:
- You must be attending or have successfully completed (letter grade A, B, C, D) at least six credits required for your program during SPRING 2024.
- If you are selected for the $1,000 award, it will be applied to SUMMER 2024 or FALL 2024, whichever semester you first attend and successfully complete at least six credits required for your program (with letter grades A, B, C, or D).
- ALL CashContest rules noted above must be met when the $500 or $1,000 award is offered and disbursed. If the rules are not met, the award will not be awarded and/or disbursed.
There will be two $500 drawings for each of the FOUR courses shortly after the due date to randomly select students who meet the requirements outlined above. There will also be a FINAL COMPREHENSIVE DRAWING to select one $1,000 winner who successfully completed ALL FOUR COURSES before May 15, 2024.
Students who are randomly selected to receive a $500 or $1,000 award will be notified via their NOVA student email account. If the student has a $0 balance at the time the award is disbursed, it will create a credit balance that is refunded in accordance with the College’s refund policies. Students may set up their refund preferences by following the instructions provided at https://www.nvcc.edu/novaconnect/students/tuts/_docs/Nelnet-Student-Refund-Preference-Tutorial.pdf. Over-awards created by the additional award, though unlikely, would be resolved in the best interest of the student.
Please note that students are permitted to retake course quizzes and even an entire course if necessary to improve their average course score to at least 70% to be entered into the drawings. However, students will not receive multiple drawing entries for successfully completing a particular course more than once. This contest is open to all NOVA students who meet the requirements outlined above. However, please note that NOVA faculty and staff who happen to be taking classes at NOVA are not eligible for the $500 or $1,000 drawings. Odds of winning a $500 or $1,000 award will depend on how many students successfully complete each course. NOVA reserves the right to modify the CashContest at any time.
If you have any questions about the CashContest or the drawings, please contact the Financial Aid Support Center at 1-855-323-3199.