This position provides medical laboratory services in support of patient care and treatment.
- Performs testing in the Microbiology, Chemistry, Serology, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Immunohematology sections including specimen receipt, preparation, analysis, and reporting of results.
- Calculates test results and measures prescribed quantities of samples during tests.
- Notice pertinent morphology/staining details of specimens under microscopic examination.
- Performs a wide variety of laboratory tests either manually or using automated instruments.
- Evaluates quality control information against measurable criteria in the performance of laboratory tests.
- Performs precise and accurate laboratory testing according to established laboratory procedures.
- Receives written requisitions from health care providers for routine and special laboratory tests.
- Sets up and adjusts laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Obtains laboratory specimens directly from patients by venipuncture, instruct patient and staff on proper specimen collection.
- Add reagents or indicator solutions and subjects specimens to various laboratory operations according to established procedures.
- Prepares slides for microscopic analysis as necessary.
- Observes test reactions, changes of color, or formation of precipitates; studies or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Records test results to logs and requests slips and file reports in the health record.
- Brings to the attention of the Supervisor any unusual or grossly abnormal test results.
- Performs light general cleaning of work areas such as collection of trash, autoclaving of specimens, cleaning of bench tops and light dusting.
- Prepares specimens for transport to outside laboratory if necessary.
- Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
- Perform and document required equipment maintenance as required.
- Adhere to infection control procedures including the use of personal protective equipment and proper waste disposal.
- Participate in required equipment, in-service training and continuing medical education.
- Ensure safe work environment and employ safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
The job qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Must possess a Degree in Medical Technology from a program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA), or American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- One year related experience preferred.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
The physical and environmental demands of this position are as follows:
- Regular attendance required
- Occasional standing and bending
- Considerable walking
- Lifting and carrying medical equipment/files
- Moderate stress
- Position may require long hours during critical deadlines
- Prolonged telephone use
- Prolonged work on a PC/Computer
Immediate Onsite Interviews
In today’s job market, we have a way to put you in front of leading employers in your city: you can meet face to face with hiring managers at our In-Person Career Fairs. This type of event allows you to get know the employers, their opportunities and how you would fit in with their organization. We invite you to submit your resume so that our exhibitors can consider your qualifications in advance. Please include in the Subject Header: the city/event you are attending. To learn more and register, visit our Engineering, Technology & Security Clearance events calendar or our Nursing and Healthcare events calendar, and click on an event!
More information: http://www.expoexpertsllc.com/
Select Physical Therapy and NovaCare are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient rehabilitation. With more than 1,600 centers in 37 states and the District of Columbia, our outpatient division is an industry leader in physical therapy, sports medicine, hand therapy, and work health. We are the largest provider of outpatient therapy in the country and offer a wide range of programs that focus on prevention and rehabilitation. Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. This is what resonates through our
team and what drives us to be the best!
Current Openings for Physical Therapist Assistants in Virginia and nationwide
Locust Grove, VA Fort Washington, MD Waynesboro, VA (PRN) North Beach, MD (PRN) Reisterstown, MD Pikesville, MD Washington, D.C. (PRN) Cambridge, MD (PRN) California Pennsylvania North Carolina …and nationwide!
To view a full list of nationwide opportunities, please visit us online at selectmedical.com/careers/
Dr. Haeberer is currently looking for a full time DA. The Dental Assistant would need to
- Have excellent people skills
- Be x-ray certified
- Be proficient in four handed dentistry
- Be knowledgeable in OSHA and sterilization procedures
- Assist in taking impressions and making dental casts
- Be able to keep track of dental equipment and instruments
- Replenish supplies as needed.
8. Know how to do perio charting
We have a CEREC machine and a CBCT (3D imaging). We use EagleSoft software, familiarity with that would be a bonus.
If you have any questions, Please contact me, Kendall
@ 703 433-2155
Energetic and upbeat Dental Hygienist wanted for fast paced dental practice in Falls Church.
Are you looking for an enjoyable position where you will be well trained and highly compensated? If so, we are the practice for you! Fun team, great bonus structure, and modern, excellent care.
Ideal candidate will have previous dental hygiene experience, is great with technology, fast learner, multitask, is willing to take initiative, and most importantly has exceptional people skills. Dentrix, Dexis, and Sirona Orthophos XG 3D scanning experience is a plus. English/Spanish speaking is a plus.
Come join our terrific warm friendly environment and make a difference in
our patient’s lives. Our philosophy is simple – “Your smile is our goal.”
Position is Part time. Tues 6:30AM-5:30PM, Wed 6:30AM- 7:30PM, Thurs 6:30AM- 11AM. Occasional Friday and Evening hours
Reply with both your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Great Team Members Needed! Now Hiring for these positions, apply online at
Search location VA-Arlington
- Caregiver (CNA preferred) – part time every other weekend/Friday
- RN – Wellness Nurse part time every other weekend
- RN PRN (On-call) – Skilled Nursing days/weekends
- Driver – On-call (CDL license required)
- Driver – Full Time (CDL license required)
- Maintenance Specialist – Full Time, HVAC experience preferred
- Lead Cook/Kitchen Supervisor – full time
- Server – part time evenings (4:15-8:30 pm) & weekends (9:30am – 3 pm)
- Housekeeping Aide – Full Time
- Housekeeping – Full Time temporary – possibility of permanent
Now Hiring: Certified and Licensed Nursing Assistants, Personal Care Aides, Home Health Aides and CompanionsPlease stop by between 10am-2pm for an onsite interview for caregiving positions. Please bring required documents.
OLD DOMINION HOME CARE REQUIREMENTS
• Valid Driver’s License
• Proof of Auto Insurance
• Reliable Vehicle
• Current Tb Test
• Social Security Card
• Overtime pay after working 40 hours per week
• Vacation pay after one year of active employment
• One on One care with a senior or senior couple in their home
• Health benefits available
• Friendly, Supportive Staff
May 24th, 2017 10am-2pm
10366- C Democracy Lane Fairfax, VA 22030
The Office of Disability Services is hiring students to serve as readers and scribes for students with disabilities. Positions are available immediately. Days, times and number of hours per week are flexible. Job duties include assisting students with disabilities by providing:
- reading (reading aloud) services. A reader is able to read test questions aloud accurately, pronounce words correctly, and speak in a clear voice throughout the test.
- scribing (writing down) services. A scribe will be able to write legibly; clear and accurate hand writing or typing skills as required
- exam proctoring services. Proctors oversee students testing to ensure test integrity
Build your resume and skills! Interested applicants should email their resumes to email@example.com. Please indicate which campus(es) you are interested in. Please remember to use your NOVA student email only. Also available as a work-study position!
We are looking for clinical staff who exhibit the following traits:
Promote excellent teamwork
Exhibit strong time management skills
Effectively manage multiple tasks
Efficiently prioritize daily tasks
Obtain accurate vital signs
Remain calm during stressful times
Exhibit effective communication skills
Who? Vienna Family Medicine
Where? 115 Park Street SE, Suite 300, Vienna, VA 22180
When? Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Vienna Family Medicine has been taking care of the local community, providing a full spectrum of primary care services. We are a large family practice with an average of 200 patient appointments daily.
If you would like to learn more about us and be considered to join our team, please contact our Office Manager (below).
We look forward to hearing from you!