NOVA offers courses in a variety of formats both asynchronous and synchronous. Courses following an asynchronous format are offered through NOVA Online, NOVA’s online division, and with few exceptions, do not require any on-site or real-time meetings. Courses following a synchronous format are offered through a NOVA campus and may require on-site meetings and/or meetings online via Zoom in real-time.
View a current Schedule of Classes. Use the Search for A Class feature to search for courses of interest. Select NOVA Online as the Location option to search for sections of courses offered through NOVA Online. You will enroll in courses through NOVA’s student information system.
Follow the steps below to get started enrolling in courses:
- Apply to NOVA. Below are links to articles that will provide guidance for applying based on your student status:
- Never taken a course at NOVA – View Ready to Become a Nighthawk
- Returning to NOVA after an absence – View Returning to NOVA After Being Away for Awhile
- Visiting student – View Helpful Hints for Transient Students
- Different student status – View NOVA’s Recruitment and Admissions website
- Read the Holds on Your Student Record article to identify how to address any holds on your student record.
- View New2NOVA, an online, interactive orientation program.
- Review NOVA course information –
- Communicate with a counselor (NOLCounseling@nvcc.edu) if you have any questions about program of study or course selection.
- Enroll in courses –
- If assistance with enrollment is not required, enroll in courses following the instructions at https://www.nvcc.edu/novaconnect/students/tuts/findeli.html.
- If assistance with enrollment is required, contact NOLCounseling@nvcc.edu for guidance on what documentation may need to be provided.
- Review payment information and pay for courses.
- Purchase course materials through the Bookstore. For NOVA Online materials select Alexandria campus and NOVA Online for campus option.
- Prepare to begin your course(s) by accessing Canvas. You should have access to a course site up to 3 days prior to the course start date, but no later than the course start date.