CrisisLink – You Talk, We Listen.
Recognize the Signs of Suicidal Behavior
Things People Might Say…
- “I’m tired of life. I can’t go on.”
- “My family would be better off without me.”
- “Who cares if I’m dead anyway?”
- “I just want out.”
- “I won’t be around much longer.”
- “Soon you won’t have to worry about me.”
- “I wish I were dead.”
- “I’m going to end it all.”
- “I just want to die.”
- “I’m going to kill myself.”
- “If….doesn’t happen, I’m going to kill
Things People Might Do…
- Get a gun or stockpile pills
- Give away prized possessions
- Take more impulsive risks
- Cut themselves or other gestures of self-harm
- Neglect their appearance
- Abuse alcohol and/or drugs
- Isolate themselves/run away/drop out of school
- Show a dramatic change of mood
In Light of Robin Williams’ Passing – Here is some info from Crisis Link on helping those struggling with depression. NOVACares!
August 16th from 10:00-13:00 hours there will be a College-Wide Military Open House (Hosted by the Alexandria Campus). Please register.
Military and veteran advisors will be on hand to assist with a variety of services including how to apply to NOVA and to enroll for courses.
Register by sending an e-mail with subject line “College-Wide Military Open House” to email@example.com.
Event hosted by Alexandria Campus at Bisdorf Building Lobby.
Alexandria – Bisdorf (View Map)
3001 North Beauregard Street
Alexandria, VA 22311