In this article: Information on our Design Thinking Fellowship and Product Design Incubator (PDI)…
Design Thinking Fellowship
We’re recruiting for our second cohort of Design Thinking Fellows. This National Science Foundation (NSF) sponsored program is open to middle and high school teachers, informal STEM learning professionals, and college faculty. The fellowship comes with a $2200 stipend upon completion.
Complex problems require innovative and creative solutions. Design Thinking is the key to challenge assumptions and approach problem solving in a collaborative, interdisciplinary and non-linear way. Join us to learn about becoming a fellow and bringing design thinking to others.
- Complete a 5-day Professional Learning (PL) Institute in Spring 2023 at NOVA’s Fab Lab.
- Practice teaching PL topics at a 1-week Summer Camp
- Submit an entry to the Fall 2023 Fab Lab Design Challenge
- Create and Implement PL Classroom activities
Tues Dec 6 | 4:30pm
Register at fellowship.novastem.us/MBDinfo
If you are already familiar with the fellowship and ready to apply you can do so at fellowship.novastem.us/MBDapply
Product Design Incubator:
Do you have a brilliant idea for a new product? The NOVA Fab Lab is hosting out first Product Design Incubator for NOVA students to learn design thinking, develop entrepreneurial skills, and prototype and build a product at the NOVA Fab Lab.
PDI participants will:
- Learn entrepreneurship skills during 6 spring workshops.
- Design and protype a product during a summer product design incubator.
- Pitch a product to regional entrepreneurs
- Receive a $3000 stipend for completion
You can complete a apply PDI application at fablab.novastem.us/PDIapply
Join us for an information session to learn about bringing your idea to life! Interest meetings will be held on Thursday, November 10 and Thursday, December 8. You can register for those at fablab.novastem.us/PDIinfo
PDI is possible thanks to a National Science Foundation (NSF) Grant.
To learn more about our Grants in general visit www.nvcc.edu/academics/divisions/it/sponsored-grants.html